This hummus is super creamy and healthy and prepared using mostly ingredients from the pantry. It is such a versatile dip. Everyone likes hummus with pita but you can eat it with anything you like! Use as a dip with veggies, spread on toast, eat with tortilla chips, spread on pita sandwich or burritos or use for salad dressing. I make pita chips from store-bought pita and serve with hummus. Also hummus can be made with many variations. You may have seen my recipes of Healthy Green Hummus and Roasted Garlic Basil Hummus Plain hummus with chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tahini and garlic. You can soak dry chickpeas for 5-6 hours and then pressure cook for 4-5 whistle or use canned chickpeas for to speed up the process.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: varies depending on how you cook chickpeas.
- 1 cups dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) soaked and boiled or 2 cup canned chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Soak dry chickpeas 5-6 hours and cook it until it is soft or pressure cook until 4 whistles. You can also use canned chickpeas.
- In a blender/mixer, add garlic, roasted cumin seeds, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Blend everything until it turn to smooth paste.
- Then add boiled chickpeas in the same blender and make paste. Use temper to mix everything while blending. Add more olive oil or water to adjust the consistency of hummus. Hummus should be slightly coarse and smooth.
- Garnish with olive oil and sumac (optional)
- Serve with pita or pita chips
- Hummus is now ready to serve. You can keep this in the fridge for up to a week, I am not sure it will last that long though 😉 :D. Garlic enhances the flavour. Serve with pita or tortilla chips or as a dip with veggies.
Hope you will try this recipe!
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey