New Video Recipe
Who doesn’t like potatoes and that also french fries and wedges? Many of us stop eating because they both are fried. Try these non-fried, non baked wedges, they are crunchy from outside and soft from inside.. Potato wedges are my most favourite time pass food so I have learn to prepare it without frying. It can be prepared in 20-25 minutes with little oil. I am an Indian and love spices so wedges I prepare are spicy too. It is guilt free recipe which I can’t get enough of. You can dress these wedges as you like, few suggestion are oregano, sumac, crushed dry chilies, rosemary, Italian seasoning, etc.
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 medium size Potato
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp mango (amchur) powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Clean potato, make cut in it. Add cold water to the pot and cook on medium heat for 8-10 mins with lid on. Potatoes should be undercooked
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down
- Mix salt, mango powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and chili powder in a small bowl
- Make thick wedges of boiled potato
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp oil. Add potato slices in a single layer. If pan is small, cook in 2 batches.
- Stir wedges frequently and cook until it’s brown from both sides
- If you are cooking in 2 batches, then mix both in the pan. Lower the heat and add spice mix. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and move pan away from the heat
- Serve these wedges hot as a side dish or as an appetizer. These are crunchy from outside and soft in the middle.
Hope you will give it a try!
Please comment below and let me know your experience and feedback. Happy Cooking!
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey