I am sad that summer is almost over here in Canada and it started cooling especially during morning and evening. We didn’t have hot summer this year but I didn’t mind. I don’t like very hot weather anyway.
This week I decided to make falafel and it turned out superb. Falafel patties were so moist from inside and crispy and crunchy from outside. I tried green hummus this time. It was absolute hit in my family. You must have seen my roasted garlic basil hummus recipe. This time I thought of making green hummus using curly parsley and chickpeas and it was absolutely fantastic!! The flavour of curly parsley was so unique but was not at all over powering.
Hummus is so versatile. Everyone likes hummus with pita but you can eat it with anything you like! Use as a dip with veggies, spread on toast, eat with tortilla chips, spread on pita sandwich or burritos or use for salad dressing. I make pita chips from store-bought pita and serve with hummus. Chickpeas are high source of protein so it is added bonus. If you are making hummus at home then you know that you used best ingredients.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: varies depending on how you cook chickpeas
1 cups dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) soaked and boiled or you can use 2 cup canned chickpeas
2 cup curly parsley cleaned and chopped
5-6 garlic cloves
1 tsp dry roasted cumin seeds
2 tbsp tahini (sesame sauce)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Soak dry chickpeas 6-7 hours until double in size. Cook it until soft or pressure cook until 4 whistles. You can also use canned chickpeas if you decide to make hummus last minute.
2. To make tahini at home, blend roasted sesame seeds with olive oil till smooth paste.
3. In a blender/mixer, add chopped curly parsley, garlic, roasted cumin seeds, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Blend everything until it turns in to a fine paste.
4. Then add boiled chickpeas in the same blender and make paste. Use temper to mix everything while blending. Add more olive oil or water to adjust the consistency of hummus. Hummus should be slightly coarse and smooth.
5. Hummus is now ready to serve. You can keep this in the fridge for up to a week if it will last that long 😀 . Curly parsley added wonderful flavour and rich green colour to hummus. Serve with pita or tortilla chips or as a dip with veggies.
Hope you will try this recipe! I am sure you will love it as we did!
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for stopping by 🙂 . Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey