Celebrating 700K (7 lakh) views on my website Bhavna’s Food Journey. It has been visited by 456k visitors from 200 countries (I never knew some of these countries existed 😍). Around 20K+ people following my website (from different platform) from around the globe. I have surprised myself with this achievement which I never thought would be possible. Thanks each and everyone for your kind support and appreciation🙏
To celebrate this success, I am sharing these Gujarati methi na muthia (dry) which can be used in many dishes or eat as snacks. They are crispy and bustling with flavours. You can air fry or deep fry as per your choice (both method in procedure section)
We use methi (fenugreek leaves) na muthia in many dishes. I add it to undhiyu, mix vegetable, dana muthia sabji, you can even eat muthia as snacks with chai. Muthia is like fried crispy pakoda which you can buy from India grocery store or prepare at home. You can make muthia ahead of time. You can make extra muthia and freeze them to use later. Recently I posted quickest 2 ingredient muthia recipe you may want to check out.
Recommended product: I may earn small commission from Amazon on eligible products.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 cup besan (gram flour)
1/2 cup wheat flour or oat flour for gluten free version
1 cup chopped coriander
1 cup chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves
1 cup chopped suva (dill) leaves – this is optional
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
Small pinch of asafetida
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Tiny pinch of baking soda (soda bicarb)
Oil for frying
Procedure (recipe for quickest muthia in air fryer)
1. Clean, wash and chop coriander leaves, methi leaves and dill leaves.
2. Mix all muthia ingredients except oil for frying in a big bowl. Make a semi soft dough adding little water at a time.
3. Make small balls and press slightly with fingers to make some finger marks.
4. Deep Fry: Heat oil in a frying pan. When oil is hot, add few muthia at a time and fry on medium heat until golden brown from all sides stirring frequently. These muthias will be crispy from outside and moist from inside. Make sure they are cooked properly from inside. If you are planning store them for longer time, fry until they are crispy and crunchy from inside out.
Air Fryer: Pre heat air fryer on air fry mode 200C 20 mins. While air fryer is preheating. rub little oil on each muthia. Once air fryer is preheated, spread muthia on trivet. Close the air fryer and let it fry. Turn it after 10 minutes. Check after another 5 minutes and see if it is done. Mine took around 17-18 minutes. Turn off the air fryer once it’s cooked.
5. Store in a container and keep in refrigerator if you are using in few days. If you want to keep it for long time then freeze them.
6. Add this to any of the below sabji. Look at this beautiful picture, do you think you can wait to try it?
Mixed vegetable in undhiya masala
Muthia are crunchy and delicious. You can eat them like snacks or add to any of the above subji. Methi adds very aromatic flavour to muthia.
Hope you can try it.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
Also check out other Gujarati recipe ideas on my website.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
You can also follow me though any of the below social media links.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey