I have noticed so many people are suffering from cold and cough recently. I am writing my person experience so it can help other who are suffering.
2 days back, I started suffering from congested nose. It happens sometime and then I am fine next day as I usually don’t get cold. This time it did not cure next day. I started coughing and sneezing continuous. My nose was constantly running. I was so low on energy that I could hardly do anything. I felt like, this is not going anywhere, I will be sick for next few days. I followed strict regime 2 days (literally yesterday) and this morning I woke up fresh, no more sneezing and very little coughing.
What did I do?
- When I woke up, I drank almost 2 glasses of warm water before brushing, then went to the washroom and throw up as much as I can. This helps in getting rid of mucus stuck in chest.
- I drank yellow (gold) milk 1st thing in the morning for last 2-3 days. Ajwain seeds and ginger powder gave the heat my body needed. This helps in getting rid of mucus.
- I made raab during the day and drank it when hot. I prepared using ghee, wheat flour, jaggery, ginger powder and ajwain seeds. Ghee helped in soothing my throat.
- I took steam at least twice a day through nose and mouth.
- Drank hot water few times.
- I drank spicy immune booster rasam during lunch. I added extra fresh ginger and crushed black pepper.
- For dinner, I ate light khichdi. Again, I added tempering of ajwain seeds with ghee.
- I put a small piece of ginger in my mouth when I went to bed. This is an old remedy, it will stop coughing right away. You can sleep without getting disturbed with coughing.
- Rubbed Vicks Veporub on my chest, neck and nose before going to bed. Slept a lot!
This morning I woke up so fresh and hardy sneezed during the day. I still have light cough which I am sure will cure as I am going continue to drink yellow milk.
Must try this very easy to make drinks which is very effective in curing cold.
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding any of the recipes.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
You can also follow me though any of the below social media links.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey