Super excited to celebrate 600k views on my website. Never have I even thought that I will reach to this great milestone.
I have posted 370 recipes with 385k visitors from 197 countries.
To celebrate this achievement, I am sharing super easy, healthy and very delicious acorn squash recipe (celebration to banta hai 😀😀)
Lots of squash in the market around Halloween and fall season. I have made few dishes using different squash like lasagna, soup, salad, etc. I remember eating baked acorn as a dessert at our cousin’s house. Acorn squash is healthy and full of fiber. You can dress it savory or sweet, Since my husband doesn’t like sweet, I made both halves with different flavours, sweet for me and savory for my hubby. It’s healthy way of serving dessert. You can serve sweet squash with dollop of ice cream on top. I have used regular butter for the sweet one but you can use vegan butter to make vegan. For savory, use your imagination. You can use Indian, Mediterranean, or flavours you like. This can be done in oven. I have used air fryer “roast” function to bake it. It was ready in around 20-25 mins.
This recipe serves 1-2 people depending on if it’s sweet or savory.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes (Air Fryer) 55-60 mins (oven)
1 Acorn squash, cut in half and seeds removed
1 tbsp soft butter
1 tbsp brown or regular sugar
Small pinch of cardamom or cinnamon powder
Tiny pinch of salt (optional)
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
Small pinch of red chili powder
Salt to taste
1. Cut the stem of the squash and place squash cut side down on surface and then cut lengthwise. Remember this squash is hard so be very careful while cutting. Scrap the seeds out and keep this ready. Don’t throw seeds away. You can clean it first. Then let it dry and then roast. They were delicious!
2. Pre heat air fryer on roast function at 400F for 25 mins.
3. For sweet squash – on a half squash, spread butter. Combine sugar, cardamom powder and tiny pinch of salt (optional) in a bowl and spread on half squash. You can use cinnamon powder instead of cardamom.
4. For savory squash – rub olive oil on half squash. Combine cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder and salt to taste in a bowl and sprinkle this on another half squash.
5. Once air fryer is preheated, place squash cut side up on crisper tray. Roast until fork tender, mine took 20-25 mins. If you are using oven then it will take 55-60 mins.
Serve this warm. You can serve as a side dish and sweet one for dessert. Sweet one was so delicious. You can top it with ice cream if you like. If you like to skip sugar then spread some honey once done. For savory squash, you can top with nuts or seeds for some crunch. If you make it plain and add your child’s favourite dressing they will enjoy it too.
Please comment below and let me knowhow do you like to cook your squash?
Thank you for visiting my website. See you soon with another exiting recipe!
You can follow me on social media using any of the link below.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey