Sharing recipe of Gold Milk or yellow milk, used in my house to treat cough and cold.
It is the time of the year, weather is still cold. I see lots of people around me suffering from cold and cough. The germs of cold spread so quickly and then there is chain reaction. Once you come in the contact with someone with cold and next day you start sneezing. Same thing happened in my house. My son caught the cold from outside and next me and my husband had runny nose. I decided to make this turmeric latte “Gold milk”. It is such an effective drink, so I thought of sharing it with everyone. You should have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
I have been preparing this milk for almost 30 years. When my son was small, he used to catch cold very frequently. I used to feed him prescription medicine which is worst thing to do. Once I realize that, I started using home-made remedies (grandma’s remedies) to treat cold symptoms and it worked. Since then to this day, I always prepare this if anyone in my family is suffering from cold. Nowadays, I prepare this drink for my grandkids and they love it. I prepare it slightly mild version as they are young. My personal experience is that this is the best remedy. Try drinking this at least twice a day for 2-3 days and you will notice big relief. You will feel the lungs starts to clean up. Sometimes cough syrup dries up mucus instead of draining.
I am using carom seeds which has many health benefits. It helps in treating stomach ache, gas, cold, cholera, Asthma and many more. You all know that turmeric also has many health benefits. I am also adding ginger which is good to have during cold.
Let’s see the recipe on how to make this curative drink.
Preparation Time: 0 minutes
Cooking Time: less than 5 minutes
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp ajwain (carom) seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder or fresh turmeric paste
1/4 tsp dry ginger powder or fresh grated ginger
Few strands of saffron (optional)
1. Heat a dry pan. Add ajwain seeds and roast on low heat until seeds starts changing colour.
2. Immediately add milk in the same pan or ajwain seeds will burn. Also add turmeric powder or turmeric paste and ginger powder or grated ginger. You can also add 4-5 strands of saffron if you wish.
3. Bring the milk to boil and remove from the heat.
4. You can either strain the milk if you are using fresh ginger. You can skip this step if you are using dry ginger powder and doesn’t mind biting on carom seeds while drinking.
5. Serve this drink when hot. You will feel immediate relief. If you continue drinking this 2-3 days for twice a day, you will be almost back to normal.
Must try this very easy to make latte which is very effective in curing cold.
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding this drink
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
You can also follow me though any of the below social media links.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey
Sounds both delicious and soothing. I am a firm believer that herbal remedies can do wonders for issues that don’t require medical attention.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree, this is one of the best drink for the cold.
LikeLiked by 1 person