You may have seen my post on roasted cauliflower paneer paratha. The best paratha of all time. So this time I made more stuffing and didn’t want to eat paratha next day. I could make kofta using this mixture or try something different. Fortunately I had sour dough bread at home. My husband suggested that why don’t you make grilled sandwich? I agreed, as we don’t always want grilled sandwich made of potato stuffing. And believe me, this was the best grilled sandwich I prepared. We both absolutely loved it.
Those who don’t know, paneer is an Indian cottage cheese mostly used in North Indian dishes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 cups cauliflower cut in slices
1 cup grated/mashed paneer
1 tsp chat masala
1 finely chopped green chili
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt for taste
Oil for cooking
1. You can either roast cauliflower in oven or on pan. I used pan. Heat pan, add 1 tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add cauliflower slices. Do not stir it as you don’t need to cook it much, we are looking for brown marks which gives nice smoky flavour. Stir it occasionally, it will take around 3-4 minutes. If you are roasting in oven then spread florets in oven proof dish, add some oil and roast at 350F for around 10-15 minutes.
2. Chop the roasted cauliflower using chopper or food processor. In a bowl, mix chopped cauliflower with grated paneer, chat masala, finely chopped green chili, cumin seeds and salt. Mix well and leave it on side. You can also add chopped coriander to this mixture.
3. When you are ready to make sandwich, take 2 slices of bread. Spread butter on both. Spread chutney on one slide and cauliflower paneer mixture on another. Sprinkle little jiralu powder on top. You can add some grated cheese if you like. Flip slice with chutney and top it on other slice.
4. Heat grill or pan. Spread some butter on lower side of the sandwich. Toast on medium to high heat until crispy and slightly brown. Spread some butter on top side of the sandwich and flip. Cook until crispy.
5. Serve this crispy delicious sandwich coriander chutney and ketchup.
Enjoy this easy to make grilled sandwich as afternoon snacks or light dinner. By roasting cauliflower, it adds some smokey flavour. You can pack this for tiffin.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
You can follow me on social media using any of the link below.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey