I know, I know, Valentine’s day is over. This was an impromptu fun cooking with my grandson.
So I was helping my daughter as her nanny didn’t show up. While kids were playing I came across a video (on FB) of someone making chocolate covered strawberries. While I was watching, halfway through my grandson, Riyan who is 3½ years old, started watching with me. He asked me to start the video from the beginning and I did. He was so in to it and watched the whole video with full concentration ..haha. After sometime, he asked me “nani, can we watch the video for chocolate covered strawberry?” I searched on FB and so many videos popped up. I picked up random video and started watching with him. He looked at me and said “nani, not this one. I want to see the same one we saw earlier”. I was so surprised that he actually figured out that this is not same video. So I started searching and found the same video. He was happy and we watched the video again. Once we finished, I asked him if he want to make strawberries covered with chocolate and he smile and said ‘yes, nani’. I told him, why don’t he ask mom if she has ingredients. He went to mom and asked “mom, do we have strawberries?” and my daughter said “yes, we do”. Then he continued “do we have melting chocolate, white chocolate, sticks and shiny sprinkles?” I was so amazed that he remembered all the ingredients from the video 😯😮. We didn’t have few ingredients, so I told him that we can manage without few things.
He helped me from melting chocolate to sprinkle nuts on top. He was so excited and I had the best time preparing this with him. It became “Date with Riyan ❤”. Super cute and fun 😍🍓. Strawberries turned out super delicious and perfect.
You literally need 2 ingredients and rest is up to your imagination.
Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking Time: 3-4 minutes
1½ cup semi sweet dark chocolate
7-8 medium size strawberries
3 tbsp roughly chopped nuts
1. Rinse strawberries in running water. Then completely dry with cotton or paper towel. There should not be any water on it. If you have wooden sticks, you can put the sticks from the leaf side of strawberries.
2. In a pot, add hot water and put it on low heat (simmer). Add 2/3 of chocolate in glass bowl and put it on double boiler (on top of simmering water). Make sure that surface of the bowl with chocolate doesn’t not touch the water while chocolate is melting. Whisk chocolate. Bring it up to 110 degrees. I didn’t have food thermometer, I melted on very low heat until it’s almost melted. Remove the chocolate bowl from the heat and add remaining 1/3 of chocolate and whisk everything. You will notice chocolate will melt properly. It will also help in bringing down the temperature of the chocolate. You don’t want to dip strawberries in very hot chocolate.
3. Prepare and tray with parchment paper.
4. Take one strawberry, hold the leaves and slowly dip it in chocolate and cover it from all sides. Top it with sprinkles or crushed nuts. Lay this on parchment paper. Finish all following the same process. You can use white and brown chocolate, you can add different types of sprinkles, just use your imagination. Put these strawberries in fridge for 5 minutes so chocolate is no more sticky.
5. If you have leftover melted chocolate and don’t want to lick the bowl, you can store in glass container and use it later. Just warm it on simmering water.
6. Serve these in a nice plate or bowl. Enjoy this for birthday, anniversary, Valentine’s day or any special occasion.
I’m sure this will save you lot of money with very easy simple recipe. Do try for sure. It’s the easiest recipe.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions regarding this recipe.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
You can follow me on social media using any of the link below.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey