Please see the video till end and don’t forget to click on subscribe button!!
In Gujarati, this is called koro sambhar or methia no masalo which means dry masala for pickle. It is a tongue-tickling pickle masala used in many Indian pickles. This is something I keep in my pantry all year long. It is dry so it doesn’t go bad for few months. Whenever I want to make pickle with carrot, mango, lemon or any vegetable, I rub this masala, add salt & oil and it is ready to go. In my house, we like to eat this as a condiment with Indian food.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-5 minutes
200 gm (or less) methi kuria (coarsely ground fenugreek seeds)
200 gm rai kuriya (split mustard seeds)
3 tbsp cooking oil or olive oil
1 tsp (or less) asafoetida
2 cup red (mild or medium) chili powder
Points to remember….
1. You can reduce the spice level by using Kashmiri chili powder. I like to mix both medium and mild chili powder.
2. Add little less methi kuriya if you like less bitter taste.
3. This masala has shelf life of few months, keep at room temperature in clean dry bottle
4. When filling up the bottle, press masala so there is not much air in the middle
5. For daily use, take out few teaspoon masala in small glass container, add some salt and use. Never add salt to the whole batch.
Hope you will enjoy this when you are in mood to eat some spicy food :).
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
You can follow me on social media using any of the link below.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey