This is high in protein gluten free non-fried fritter (vada) recipe. If you don’t have appam, you can use Takoyaki Grill Pan or Danish Aebleskiver Pan. These vadas are spongy and delicious. It can be served as an appetizer, afternoon snacks or as a full meal with sambhar or rasam and chutney.
Please see the video till end and don’t forget to click on subscribe button!!
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 ½ cup whole urad
- 1 cup whole moong
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Wash both beans 2-3 times with water and soak it for 5-6 hours. You can use hot water if you have less time for soaking.
- Remove water and make granular paste using very little water
- Whisk it properly and keep on side for 1 hour
- Add salt, ginger, curry leaves, chilies and asafoetida and whisk again for 1 minute
- Heat appam pan and add 2-3 drop of oil in each cavity
- Fill each cavity with a spoonful mixture, let it cook until lower side is slightly brown and mixture on top is set
- Flip and add little oil to each cavity
- Cook from all sides until done
- Serve with sambhar or rasam and chutney
Hope you will give it a try!
Please comment below and let me know your experience and feedback. Happy Cooking!
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey