Another video recipe for you all, make sure to watch the video till end. Please do subscribe to my channel 🙏🙏
I am posting very famous Indian dessert to celebrate my son and daughter in law’s 2nd wedding anniversary. My son is not into dessert but my daughter in law loves it. This is especially for her. This is very light and creamy dessert with lots of nuts. It is very easy to prepare. You can keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze it for later use. You may have seen kesar shrikhand and mango shrikhand on my website.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
1½ litre 3% yogurt/curd
300 ml sweetened condensed milk
Mix chopped nuts (almond, walnut, pistachio, and cashew)
10-12 saffron strands soaked in ¼ cup hot milk
Pinch of cardamom powder
– Put cheese cloth on a sieve on top of pot. Add yogurt to cheese cloth and let it drain for 2-3 hours. You can squeeze it by hand to speed up the process. Another method is that You can put thick layer of newspaper below cheese cloth It will soak excess water from the yogurt.
– You will see yogurt is turned to thick hard ball.
– In a stand mixer, add pressed yogurt, saffron milk, cardamom powder and sweetened condensed milk. Run the mixer for 2-3 minutes first on slow and then medium speed.
– Add mixed chopped nuts and mix again for 1 minute on low speed.
– Transfer to a bowl and garnish with extra nuts and saffron.
– Eat fresh in 2-3 days while keeping it in refrigerator or deep freeze for few months
You can also add toasted nuts. This shrikhand is so light and nuts add the texture to this smooth dessert.
Hope you will try this recipe!
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey