My family’s love for Asian food always encourages me to try something new. This time I decided to make Asian vegetable stir fry which came out super delicious and we cleaned the bowl in no time. This dish is very healthy as it has lots of vegetables. This recipe serves 4 people.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
5-6 mushrooms sliced
Red and green pepper cut lengthwise – 1 each
Broccoli flower separated – 2 cup
1 big onion sliced
1″ ginger thinly sliced lengthwise
6-7 cloves of garlic thinly sliced lengthwise
2-3 green chilies finely chopped
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Corn starch
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup sweet basil leaves
1/2 cup Peanuts roasted, skin removed and slightly crushed
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. In a bowl, mix corn starch, soy sauce, coconut milk, sugar and 1/2 cup water and mix well.
2. To make stir fry, first chop all the vegetables and keep ready.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a big pan, first add green chilies and sliced ginger. Saute for few seconds. Then add sliced mushroom, red and green pepper, sliced onion and sliced garlic. Cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onion are translucent stirring continuously. Then add broccoli and salt. Do not over salt as soy sauce also contains a lot of salt. Stir the vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add corn starch mixture in to vegetables. Add more water if needed so stir fry does not completely dry out. Cook this on slow/simmer for 5-6 minutes so corn starch is cooked and the sauce becomes sticky. At the end, add half sweet basil leaves torn and half of roasted peanuts.
5. Garnish the dish with remaining peanuts, basil leaves and toasted sesame seed.
6. Serve this stir fry with steam rice immediately.
This dish tastes amazing with the flavor of basil. Peanuts gives a nice crunch to the dish.
Try this dish at home and hopefully you will love this dish as much as my family did.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes on your newsfeed!