Paneer is an Indian cottage cheese mostly used in North Indian dishes. We love any kind of stuff paratha so decided to try something different and it was a great success.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
200 gm grated/mashed paneer
1 big boiled and grated/mashed potatoes
1 finely chopped onion
2-3 finely chopped green chilies
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1 tsp cumin seeds
Oil for cooking
Salt for taste
1. Mix wheat flour, olive oil, salt and warm water and make soft dough. Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. In 30 seconds add chopped green chilies and then chopped onion. Saute until onions are translucent.
3. When onion mixture cools down little, add grated paneer, mashed potato, salt and chopped coriander and mix well.
4. Make soft ball size ball of dough, roll a small paratha of dough, put stuffing in the middle and close it from all the side to cover stuffing. Now roll the stuff paratha bigger.
4. Heat non-stick pan/tawa and spread the oil. Add the paratha on hot pan smooth side below. In a 1/2 minute flip it and let it cook on the other side. Spread 1 tsp of oil on upper side and flip it again and cook pressing lightly with flat spatula.
5. When it ready, serve with cucumber raita, coriander chutney or pickle. Or enjoy with salad and riped mango.
Enjoy this easy to make paneer paratha during anytime of the day.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!