This is very famous Indian dish everyone loves.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Boiled and mashed potatoes – 4-5
Green chili and Ginger paste – 1 tsp each
Chopped coriander leaves – 1 cup
Cumin seeds and cumin powder – 1/2 tsp each
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. Mix wheat flour, olive oil, salt and warm water and make soft dough. Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a bowl, add mashed boil potato and all the stuffing ingredients. Rub cumin seeds between your palm before adding to potato mixture. Mix all the ingredients well..
3. Make one ball each of potato stuffing and dough. stuffing ball will be little bigger than dough ball. Roll a small paratha of dough, put stuffing ball in the middle and close it from all the side to cover stuffing. Now roll the stuff paratha bigger.
4. Heat nonstick pan/tawa and spread the oil. Add the paratha on hot pan smooth side below. In a 1/2 minute flip it and let it cook on the other side. Spread 1 tsp of oil on upper side and flip it again and cook pressing lightly with flat spatula.
5. When it ready, serve with cucumber raita, coriander chutney or pickle.
Aloo paratha can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!