Please see the video till end and don’t forget to click on subscribe button!!
You may have seen my recipe for soft and spongy idli. This dish is prepared using leftover idli. So from South Indian dish to fusion Chinese dish. This is an absolutely drool worthy recipe. This one pot meal can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to prepare idli at home, you can get few plain idli from the restaurant or get the frozen idli from frozen isle of grocery store and prepare this dish at home. It will be ready in just few minutes.
This recipe serves 2 people.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
6-7 leftover idli cut in cubes
1 onion sliced lengthwise
6-7 mushroom chopped
2 bell pepper cut lengthwise
Small pinch of ginger cut in thin strips
2-3 garlic cloves cut in thin strips
Oil for cooking
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
½ tsp sriracha sauce or chili sauce
¼ tsp vinegar
Salt to taste
- Heat a pan with some oil. Sauté idli cubes until brown from all sides. You can also deep fry idli if you like more crunchy. Keep on side
- Mix all the sauce ingredients with 1 cup water.
- Heat a big pan with 1½ tbsp oil. Add onion and mushroom. Sauté on medium to high on 2-3 minutes.
- Then add ginger, garlic and pepper. Cook stirring continuous for another 2-3 minutes and then add fried idli and mix well.
- Then add sauce and mix well. Add little more water if needed. Adjust salt. Cook on low heat for 2-3 more minutes covering the lid. Sauce will be sticky.
Serve immediately as this taste the best when serve hot.
Hope you will try this recipe!
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey