I have been away for past few weeks. My son recently got married and I was busy with preparation …. fun time making so many sweets at home ( recipes coming shortly…lol). I had family over and it was the best time of my life! When they were here, few of our friends invited us for dinner. One of our cousin prepared all Mexican dishes for us. One of the appetizer was this sweet bell pepper stuffed with quinoa and we all absolutely loved it!! I decided to prepare it next time when I get the small sweet peppers. Recently, I picked it up and gave it a try. It was so delicious that I prepared it twice already. My family loved it!
This is gluten-free and vegan recipe. If you are not eating garlic then avoid adding it.
This dish is very healthy as I have used less than 1 tbsp oil in cooking. Quinoa and peanuts are very high in protein.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
12-15 small sweet bell colour pepper
1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup roasted peanut powder
1 finely chopped green chili
1 garlic grated (optional)
1/4 cup grated or ground coconut (fresh or dry)
Handful chopped coriander
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
Small pinch cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1. Cook quinoa using 1 quinoa to 2 water ratio. Bring it to boil first, then cook on low covering the lid until quinoa are done. It takes around 10 minutes. Fluff it with fork and let it cool down.
2. Clean pepper and cut length wise on one side, keep aside.
3. In a bowl, mix cooked quinoa, peanut powder, finely chopped green chili, grated garlic, chopped coriander, sugar, cumin powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Everything is ready. Fill each chili pepper with stuffing.
5. Heat less than 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Slowly add stuffed chilies. Cook on low on all sides. Cover the lid while cooking. It will take less than 5 minutes to get the slightly brown marks on all sides.
6. Serve it when hot. You can prepare stuff chilies ahead of time and cook it before serving. These chilies are so flavourful as it has flavour of coconut, roasted peanuts and cumin powder. You can serve it as a side dish during lunch or dinner or serve it as a starter/appetizer.
I am sure you will be happy that you tried this dish as I did! Share it with your family and friends.
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
Visit and like my Facebook page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey
Beautiful peppers, so nice to stuff them with quinoa. Looking forward to the recipes of your family sweets. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Megala. these peppers are to die for! A must try!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations dear for being promoted to MIL . Stuffed peppers looks stunning. Tempting post . Lovely recipe
Thank you so much Ruchi.