You must have seen many recipes for new moms on my blog. Recently I helped my daughter with her delivery. I decided to write as many recipes as I can, so someone in need can benefit. You must have checked out my Nutritional Squares for Mothers To Be or New Mothers recipe for someone who is in her 9th month of pregnancy or new mother. Also Ginger Candies for the mothers who are going through the labour or birth of the baby and Katlu Pak for new mother to help in recovery process. I also posted the recipe of Raab which is very easy to prepare and has the same benefits as Katlu Pak. I also posted the recipes for Spiced Water for New Mothers which helps new mom and baby in digestion.
We Indians like to eat mouth freshener after every meal. Good mouth freshener can help one digesting the food. I prepared this mouth freshener especially keeping my daughter in mind so she can eat it after lunch during her maternity. It has ingredients which helps in mother’s milk increase, gas, indigestion, etc. I have only added 5 ingredients but there are many other things can be added like poppy seeds, flex seeds, etc.
Preparation Time: 5-7 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
– 2 cups fennel seeds (variyali or saunf) – increases the appetite, helps in digestion, also in constipation. It is also good for baby’s digestion
– 1 cup caraway seeds (suva dana) – one of the best herbs to prevent gas and bloating
– 1/4 cup carom seeds or bishop’s weeds (ajwain) – is also one of the best herbal wonder drug for gas, flatulence and indigestion. These seeds are spicy so if you don’t eat spicy food then reduce the proportion
– 1 cup sesame seeds (till or tal) – an excellent source of copper, a very good source of manganese, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, vitamin B1, selenium and dietary fiber
– 1 cup shredded coconut (nariyal) – rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous
– Salt to taste
1. Put each ingredients in separate bowl. Sprinkle some water just to slightly wet the ingredient and little salt. Keep on side for at least an hour to dry it.
2. Dry roast each ingredient separately on low to medium heat stirring frequently until they are crunchy. Fennel seeds will take the most time to roast. Shredded coconut can burn quickly so make sure to roast on very low heat stirring continuous. Mix all the roasted ingredients in a big bowl. Mix well and store in airtight container.
3. Keep small bottle full of this mouth freshener beside mom’s bed so she can munch after every meal. This is good for everyone so don’t be shy, you can eat it too…..lol.
Give this recipe a try and send me your feed back.
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Keep watching for new recipe !
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey