This recipe is for you or your loved ones who loves desert. It is so easy and delicious 😛 😛 . No need to be an expert cook to make this desert and can be prepared in just few minutes. I have added lot of fruits and chia seeds (one of the popular super food) to make it healthy. Just look at it! Doesn’t this look tempting? I had invited few of my friends last weekend and I was thinking of what to make for desert. As I have mentioned in the past, I experiment on my guest… lol. My guests didn’t mind that 😀 😀 , they absolutely loved it!! I could not wait to share the recipe with my dear followers.
I manage to prepare 7 glasses of desert from these ingredients.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-7 minutes
3 tbsp chia seeds
3 cups milk – I used 2% milk
3 tbsp custard powder – I used mango flavour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp icing sugar or powdered sugar
1 small apple
1 cup green grapes
1 cup berries
1 ripe mango
1 cup pomegranate seeds
Mixed roasted chopped nuts for garnishing
1. Soak chia seeds in water for few hours. If you find chia seeds soaked all water then add more so when you are ready to use it, it’s syrupy. You can keep this in refrigerator.
2. In a bowl, mix 3 tbsp custard powder with 3-4 tbsp of milk. Mix it till smooth.
3. Heat milk in a pot. When milk is hot, turn down the heat. Now add custard powder slowly in the milk while stirring the milk with spatula using another hand. Also add 3 tbsp sugar. Cook on low to medium heat stirring continuous. We like desert with less sugar but feel free to add more if your family likes more sweet. When milk becomes thick and sticks to spatula, turn of the heat. Whisk it properly one more time. You can prepare this custard ahead of time and leave in refrigerator.
4. Chop apple and mango in small pieces, cut berries and grapes if needed. Mix all fruits in a bowl including pomegranate seeds. Add 1 tbsp icing sugar, mix well. Put this mixture in refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the glasses. You can use any fruit of your choice.
5. To serve this custard, I am using wine glasses. When ready to assemble, removed custard from the refrigerator and whisk it. If it’s too thick then add some milk and whisk again. Remove fruit bowl from the refrigerator. You will also need soaked chia seeds and chopped mixed nuts.
6. Add a 1 tbsp custard in a wine glass. Add 1/7 of the fruit mixture. Add more custard on the top and chia seed mixture. Garnish with chopped nuts. Prepare all the glasses and keep in the refrigerator until time to serve.
I am sure your family or guest will not be able to resist the temptation if you will give them sneak peek of the dessert before the dinner. My guest loved it and every one finished their glasses. Give it a try!
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding this desert.
Check out other dessert recipes below.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Keep watching for new recipe !
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey