Palak paneer is a spicy and tasty green curry. Palak had lots of nutrients and this recipe preserves a lot of it. I am sure you will make this more than once as it is so easy to make and very yummy too 🙂 . It can be eaten with rice or roti. This recipe feeds around 3 people.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Paneer – 200 gm
One Bunch of Palak/Spinach
Big Onion – 1
Ginger – 1 inch cube
Garlic – 7-8 cloves
Green chilies – 2-3 or as per your taste
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Oil for cooking
Salt to taste
1. Wash spinach thoroughly and cut onion in big pieces.
2. In a pan boil water. 1st add onion pieces in the water and boil for 2 minutes. Now add cleaned spinach leaves in the same water and let it cook for another minute. Remove onion and spinach from hot water and immediately soak in cold water.
3. In few minutes, squeeze out all the water from onion and spinach. In a grinder add blanched spinach, onion, chopped ginger, green chilies, lemon juice and grind to a smooth paste. Add little water if you need.
4. Soak Paneer in warm water for 4-5 minutes so it becomes little chewy.
5. In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil, add 1 tsp cumin seeds. When cumin seeds are sautéed, lower the heat and add spinach paste and salt, simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat. Add paneer cubes and simmer for another minute. Cover the pan and turn off the heat. You don’t need to cook this dish for long because onion and spinach are already blanched and it will lose the green colour.
6. Serve palak paneer when it is hot, try not to reheat as it looses color. It can be served with rice or roti.
I am sure you will get lots of praise without working too hard 🙂 .
You can check out other Punjabi dishes on my blog.
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes on your news feed!
You can also follow me on Twitter @BhavnasFoodJrny