This dish is made with thick poha (pressed rice) and potato. It can be eaten for breakfast or afternoon snack.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Thick Poha/Pressed rice – 2 cups
Potato and Onion – 1 each
Peanuts – 1 tbsp
Rosted chana dal – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Curry leaves – 8 to 10
Green chilies – 2 to 3
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Coriander for garnishing
1. Soak the poha in water so it is covered in water but do not put too much water otherwise poha will be soggy.
2. When poha soaks all the water (around 10 minutes) add turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice.
3. In a pan heat the cooking oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, peanuts and roasted chana dal. When mustard seeds splutter, add chopped green chilies, curry leaves and saute it for 30 seconds.
4. Now add chopped onion and potato and cook until potato pieces soften.
5. Add poha mix to the pan and mix properly. Cook for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
6. Garnish with coriander. Enjoy when it hot.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog, Happy Cooking!