This is one of my family’s favorite vegetable. When I buy small lady’s finger/okra, I usually end up making this. You will enjoy the dish with fresh roti.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Small lady’s finger/okra – 250 gms
Small potato – 1
Besan/Gram flour – 1/2 cup
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustered seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Oil for cooking
1. Cut the okra lengthwise or you can also make slit lengthwise. Also cut the potato in long strips.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. When mustard seeds splutter, add potato.
3. When potato are lightly cooked add okra and stir occasionally.
4. In a bowl mix besan, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and sugar (optional).
5. When okra and potato are cooked add the dry besan mixture.
6.Let it cook for another 7-8 minutes on low heat until besan is cooked.
Hope you will enjoy this dish same as we do 🙂
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
yummy!! I’ve never tried okra but it looks amazing 🙂
Thanks, in my family, okra is one of the most favorite vegetable.
LikeLiked by 1 person