I had these glass noodles (mung bean noodles) pack lying around waiting for me to use…haha. I never used these noodles before so I was slightly nervous as I do not like soggy noodles. I checked out few videos on how to cook these noodles and it turned out perfect. I added seasonal veggies to make it as my one pot meal. This is also good for people with gluten intolerance. This is last minute dish, you can keep everything ready and make the stir fry when ready to eat. You can use the leftover stir fried noodles to make spring roll. Wrap this mixture in spring roll wrapper and deep fry.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 bunch of glass noodles also called mung bean noodles
1 cup cabbage
1/2 green pepper
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
7-8 snap peas
Oil for cooking
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
1 tsp sugar or maple syrup
Salt to taste
1. Thinly slices all the veggies.
2. In a bowl, add boiling water. Add noodles and leave it on side without covering. You need to soak it for 15 minutes and then drain. Roughly cut noodles with kitchen scissor around 3 inch long.
3. In a bowl, mix all sauce ingredients.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a big pan on high heat. Add cabbage, green pepper, onion and garlic. Stir and cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Then add snap peas and carrot, mx well. Continuous stir and cook this for another 1-2 min. Then add noodles and sauce. You can now lower the heat slightly and blend everything stirring continuously. Adjust sweet and salt. Turn off the heat. I actually squeezed lemon juice on top.
5. If you like, you can garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds, etc. Serve immediately. These noodles are super delicious. They turn translucent when cooked. You can add veggies of your choice. Make spicy or sweet as you desire.
You can serve this to kids just make sure to adjust the spice level. This is a quick dish which can be done in just few minutes using all the leftover veggies from your fridge. As I mentioned above, you can use the leftover stir fried noodles to make spring roll. Wrap this mixture in spring roll wrapper and deep fry.
Try this dish at home and hopefully you will love this dish as much as my family did.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my website. Happy cooking!
You can follow me on social media using any of the link below.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey