Hope you all are doing well!
Hakka Chinese cuisine is my family’s favourite. I have tried many recipes and always look forward to try something new. We love Manchurian in gravy with rice. When we go to the Chinese restaurant, we also order dry Manchurian as an appetizer. I absolutely love the chewiness in Manchurian with sticky sauce. Manchow soup and vegetable fried rice are absolute must to order!
You must have seen my recipe of Vegetable Stir Fry with Manchurian Balls where I made Manchurian balls in appe pan (non fried) and added with veggies and sauce. This time when I saw all the ingredients in my fridge, I decided to make dry Manchurian using gobi (cauliflower) and paneer which I deep-fried. We ate it as a whole meal (who want to eat anything else when there is this delicious food 😉 😉 ). I made a lot but finished it in one meal. They came out absolutely delicious, chewy and sticky, just the way I like it. I also added lot of veggies to make it nutritious. I have made it gluten-free but you can use all-purpose flour instead of rice flour.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
3 cups cauliflower florets
300 gm paneer cut in 1″ cubes
1 onion cut in big cubes and then separate the layers
2 colour bell pepper cut in cubes
3-4 spring onion chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic sliced
1″ piece of ginger cut into gimlets
1 green chilli finely chopped
Oil for cooking
1 cup corn flour
1 cup rice flour or all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
Pinch of black pepper powder
4 tbsp corn starch
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
Salt to taste
Pinch of black pepper
1 cup Water
1. Clean and cut all the veggies as shown in the picture. Some recipes ask to boil cauliflower florets but I kept it raw. They cooked perfectly when fried.
2. In a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients with 1 cup water.
3. To prepare a batter, mix all batter ingredients in a wide bowl. Add water to make the better consistency not too thick or not too runny. Batter should stick to veggies when dipped inside. If required, adjust batter consistency by adding flour or water.
4. Dip few florets at a time in the batter and then deep fry until golden. Same with paneer, and finish frying all paneer cubes and cauliflower florets. Keep on side.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a big pan, add ginger, garlic and green chili. Cook for 1 minute or so then add onion, peppers and spring onion. Keep few chopped spring onion on side for garnishing. Cook on a medium heat stirring few times for 4-5 minutes or until veggies start to soften slightly . Then add sauce and stir continuous. If mixture start to get too thick then add some water. When sauce is slightly cooked (2 – 3 mins) and slurry, add fried gobi and paneer. Mix well and cook on low heat for 4-5 mins stirring frequently. All the sauce will stick to veggies and Manchurian.
6. Serve this dry Manchurian immediately. I don’t think anyone want to wait after seeing this luscious dish 😛 😛 . It’s super delicious, sauce is sticky and Manchurian are chewy. Try it to believe it! We finished the whole pan in just few mins…haha.
Try this dry Manchurian at home and I am sure you will love this dish as much as my family did.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey.
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey