This recipe is so easy and great for the starter when you have a big get together. I have been making it for quite sometime and everyone who tasted it loved it <3. Recently I prepared for appetizer at party in my house. I pulled it out from oven and served immediately to guests. They all absolutely loved it! This recipe needs few ingredients to make it. I am using pizza dough to make this bread. You can either prepare pizza dough from scratch or buy ready-made dough.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
1 1/2 cups each of plain flour or all-purpose flour and wheat flour
2 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
1 tsp caraway seeds
Salt to taste
1 tsp active dry yeast
Pinch of sugar
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/3 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 basil powder (optional)
1/2 tsp dry rosemary (optional)
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp all-purpose or wheat floor
1. To make dough, take luck warm water in a bowl. Add pinch of sugar and mix. Add 1 tsp dry yeast, do not stir and keep on side to activate. If yeast does not activate then throw the mixture and restart. Water should be luck warm not hot otherwise yeast does not activate.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the dough including activated yeast and make soft dough with warm water. Knead the dough properly. Place the dough in a greased bowl and put it in a warm place to rise for 2-3 hours until dough doubles in size.
3. In a bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, black pepper powder, basil powder, dry rosemary and pinch of salt.
4. Prepare cake pan first by rubbing butter and dust with dry flour. I am using coffee cake pan which gives nice shape to the bread when ready.
5. When dough is ready, knead the dough one more time. Make golf ball size balls, roll in the dry all-purpose or wheat floor. Then roll these balls in to oil mixture one at a time so it is coated with herb and oil. Then arrange it in cake pan. Let it rise for 1 hour in warm place.
6. Heat the oven at 375F. Bake the bread for around 20-25 minutes or until completely baked and house is burst with flavours. Check with tooth pick if it comes out clean.
7. When pan cools down slightly, flip the bread in a plate and serve immediately. Guests can pull one bread at a time. It is crusty from outside and very soft from inside. I am telling you friends, this will be a hit! Just make sure you make extra ;D .
You can add layer of grated mozzarella cheese while arranging balls in the pan before baking. You can also add grated fresh garlic in olive oil. Or just follow the recipe and I can assure you that it will taste the best.
Leave me a comment if you have any question or if you tried cooking this bread.
Thank you for visiting my website. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me through any of the below links.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey