This fried rice recipe cooked using Chinese ingredients and flavouring. My family is a big fan of Chinese cuisine so I have tried my hands on many dishes. This fried rice recipe is tried and tested for many years. Of course, vegetable differs depending on which country I live or the time of the year but procedure remains the same. I add lots of ginger to this dish which gives this rice a spiciness and refreshing taste. I am using brown rice which has nutty flavour and it is healthier option than white rice. You can also add snow peas, spring onion or vegetables of your choice to this dish.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 cups brown/regular rice cooked
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
4-5 mushrooms sliced thinly
1 cup broccoli florets
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
1 inch piece of ginger cut in thin slices
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sriracha/hot sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes. Then cook rice using 1 cup rice to 2 cup water ratio until rice is cooked al dente. Cook rice on slow to medium heat to get the perfect result. Remove the access water if any. Remember not to over cook rice.
2. Separate the rice using fork and let it cool down.
3. Cut all the vegetables as shown in below picture.
4. In a small bowl, add corn starch, soy sauce, sriracha or hot sauce, black pepper powder and 1/2 cup water. Mix everything well with a spoon. The mixture should be runny, add little more water if needed.
5. Heat oil in a wide pan. When oil is hot, first add sliced mushroom. Saute for 2 minute. Then add finely chopped cabbage and carrots and ginger gimlets (keep some for garnishing). Saute for another 3-4 minutes. Stir vegetable often or it will stick to the bottom. Now add broccoli and cook for one more minute. Remember not to over cook vegetable, you need some crunch in it. At the end add rice, salt and corn starch mixture and mix well. You can also add 1/2 tsp white vinegar. Cook on low for 2 more minutes.
6. Rice is now ready to serve. Garnish with ginger gimlets.
7. Serve this flavourful rice immediately with vegetable stir fry.
I am sure you and your family will enjoy the this fried rice.
You can checkout my website for more Asian/Chinese recipe ideas.
Try this dish and send your comments. I would love to hear from you 🙂
Thank you for visiting my blog. Enjoy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes on your news feed!
You can also follow me on Twitter @BhavnasFoodJrny
This looks so yummy. Keep up the good work.
Thank you so much!