Presenting the dish which is loved by all my family and friends. Whenever I have guest over for dinner they all love it :). Kadhi is made in different parts of India but Gujarati makes it sweet and tangy. You can enjoy this kadhi with roti or rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Sour Yogurt – 2 cup
Besan/Gram flour – 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – 7 to 8
Green chilies – 2 to 3
Ginger – 1/4 inch
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sugar / Jaggery – 2 tbs or as per taste
Mustered seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seed – 1 tsp
Cloves – 3 to 4
Dry red chili – 1
Asafoetida 1 pinch
1. Mix Besan and yogurt and then add curry leaves, slit green chilies, chopped ginger, fenugreek seeds and sugar/Jaggery.
2. Add the water about 4 cups and mix it well. Rub cumin seeds between the palm and add it to the mixture.
3 Cook on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes and stir occasionally. Do not leave on stove for long otherwise yogurt and water will separate.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves and dry red chilies and asafoetida.
5. When mustard seeds splutter pour this mixture into the kadhi.
6. Cook on a low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Garnish with Coriander and serve when it is hot.
Try the kadhi and adjust the taste as you like.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!