Shhhhh…. don’t tell anyone it is from the leftover of Burrito Bowl. I had left over in my fridge and wanted to use but didn’t want to eat same thing. So I decided to try something new. The result was very yummy Veg Cutlet/Burger. I call it Mexican cutlet/burger.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Rice cooked with cumin powder, black beans, salt and red pepper and pinch of salt or leftover rice – 1 cup
Boiled black beans – 1 cup
Onion – 1 small
Green chilies as per your taste
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Toor dal/Lentil soup (Optional) – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Corn Flake crumbs – 1 cup
1. Mexican rice, boiled and mashed black beans, small chopped onion, finely chopped green chilies, rice flour, corn flour, toor dal/lentil sour, salt and cumin powder. Let it rest it for 1 1/2 hours.
2. Prepare corn flakes crumbs to cover the cutlets
3. Make small balls of the mixture, roll it in corn flake crumbs and press to make it thick cutlet.
4. Heat the pan, I use cast-iron pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and when oil is hot add the cutlet carefully. Shallow fry on a medium heat until it’s golden brown on both sides.
5. Enjoy with coriander chutney, tomato ketchup or dry garlic chutney.
Have fun cooking from the leftover. If you want to make it gluten-free, replace corn flakes with crushed gluten-free tortilla chips.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!