Dhokla is originated in Gujarat and spread in the world. My family can’t get enough of it :). Every family has their own recipe and over the years I have perfected mine. It is healthy as it is steamed not fried. You can eat it as main dish or appetizer and any time of the day.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Rice – 2 cups
Urad dal – ½ cup
Soya bean – 1/5 cup
Fenugreek seed – 1 tsp
Green chilies – 5 to 6
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
Yogurt/Curd – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Red chili powder
Black pepper powder
1. Soak Rice, urad dal, soya bean and fenugreek seed in water for 4-5 hrs.
2. Grind it in Mixer to a fine paste, add salt and leave it in a warm place to ferment overnight.
3. Add yogurt few hours before making Dhokla
4. In a big wok or Fry pan or pressure cooker add the water and let it boil
5. In the batter mix green chili, ginger, garlic paste and 1 tablespoon of oil
6. Pour the batter in a greased thali and sprinkle red chili and black pepper powder
7. Put in the steamer to steam for around 15 minutes
8. After 15 minutes take it out and let it rest for 5 minutes.
9. Make square pieces and serve with green chutney and dry garlic chutney
Enjoy it hot. If you leave leftover in the fridge, microwave it before eating.
Tip: You can also stir fry left over Dhokla. Cut the Dhokla in small pieces. Heat the oil in fry pan, add mustard seed and sesame seeds. When mustard seeds cracks, add the Dhokla pieces and stir. Cook Dhokla on a low heat lid covered and stir occasionally. You can also add sugar while it is cooking.
Hope you enjoy making and eating it.
Your suggestion and comments are welcome.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
आपके खट्टा ढोकला में इनो बेकिंग पाउडर और बेकिंग सोडा नही मिक्स है इसीलिए आपकी रैसिपी बहुत अच्छी लगी
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much, this one comes out really nice and spongy