Sabudana is also known as sago or tapioca. We eat this dish during fasting or when special diet is allowed. I make this dish when we don’t want to eat our regular food and craving for something spicy and yummy. It is highly addictive, never feel I ate enough. It doesn’t take long to cook and tastes amazing. We like to eat as a snacks or light supper. This is usually fried but I have cooked it in pan. This recipe serves 3 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 cup sabudana/sago rinsed twice and soaked in just enough water for 4-5 hour
5-6 potato boiled and mashed
1/2 cup peanut roasted, skin removed and crushed
4-5 green chili finely chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. Wash and soak sabudana in water for 4-5 hours. Add the water enough to cover sabudana so after few hours there is no excess water left in the bowl.
2. Roast peanuts, remove skin and crush. Mash boiled potato. Finely chop green chilies.
3. In a mixing bowl, add mashed potato, crushed peanuts, chopped chilies, grated ginger, cumin powder and salt. Mix well. Make small patties/burger.
4. Heat a cast iron or non stick pan. Add about 2-3 tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add few cutlets at a time. Cook on medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
5. Serve immediately with yogurt, green chutney or raita on the side.
Try this easy and delicious recipe and let me know your comments. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!