I had few vegetable and a piece of paneer lying in my fridge. I was thinking of making something for my family which they all can enjoy. Recently I made Asian Vegetable Stir Fry so didn’t want to prepare anything with similar flavour. I came up with this delicious paneer veg pan fry. Prepared fresh spice blend which took this dish to the next level. My family finished it in no time :). We ate this pan fry just by itself. This recipe serves 3 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Medium potato – 4 to 5
Red and Orange or any colour pepper – 1 each
Mushroom – 6 to 7
Paneer – 200 gm
Lemon juice – tbsp
Oil for cooking
For Spice blend
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
Star anise – 1 to 2
Amchur powder – tbsp
Chat masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. To make spice blend, dry roast cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper and star anise in a pan for 2 minutes. Let the roasted spices cool down at room temperature and then grind all the spices in dry grinder to a fine powder. When ready, add amchur powder, chat masala and salt to this spice mix. Mix well. You can make extra spice blend and store it for future use, it will save time when you make this dish next time (I can guarantee you will make this again and again 🙂 ).
2. Wash potato, put a few small cuts in each potato and boil in water until knife can easily pass through. It will take around 15-20 minutes. Do not over boil.
3. Meanwhile, chop all the vegetable in big chunks as seen in below picture. Also cut paneer in rectangular cubes.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in cast iron or nonstick pan. When oil is hot, saute mushroom cubes for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat. Remove cooked mushroom cubes in a plate. Continue stir frying broccoli, red pepper, green pepper and then paneer cubes separately in small batches. Saute each vegetable and paneer until you see they are golden or slight brown. It will take 2-3 minutes to saute each vegetable and paneer batch. Cut boiled potato in big chunks and saute until it is golden from all sides.
4. Heat a big pan with 1 tsp oil, add all the vegetables and paneer. Immediately add 4 tbsp freshly ground spice blend and 1 tbsp lemon juice, mix well. Turn off the heat. This will take 1-2 minutes.
5. The end result is heavenly!! Enjoy this paneer veg pan fry immediately (I don’t think you will resist the temptation for long)
Try cooking this aromatic, very delicious dish and let me know your comments 🙂
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes on your newsfeed!
You can also follow me on Twitter @BhavnasFoodJrny
I like the look of this! I rarely cook anything “spicy” (I’m sure this is very mild to most tastes) mainly because of my IBS. Where can I get paneer from (is it with the other cheeses in the supermarket?). I’ve had it before in curries and loved it!
Thanks, you can find paneer in all Indian stores in Canada. NoFrills, Freshco also sells it in Toronto. You can use Tofu instead. It is not very spicy but to make it even milder reduce black pepper in spice blend. Try it, you will fall in love 🙂
Ah – I live in England! haha thank you though 🙂
🙂 Hopefully there will be Indian around
I expect so, I’m not sure where though. Not sure we have an Indian section in our supermarkets but I expect I’m wrong!
LikeLiked by 1 person