Whenever I am watching TV, my favourite shows to watch are food shows. I absolutely enjoy watching and learn some tips and idea. I love watching Italian chefs cook and remember the tips the chefs gives while they cook. I think these tips are very important for anyone who cooks. I’m not Italian but love to eat pasta so whenever they give any tips related to pasta, I keep them in mind when I’m cooking. So I though, why not share these tips I’ve learned from watching these chefs cook.
– Always cook pasta in heavily salted water, pasta will absorb the salt while boiling
– Add pasta in boiling water and stir for 1st minute it will stop pasta from sticking together or to the bottom of the pot
– Add enough water to the pot so when pasta cooks, it will have space to expand
– Follow the package direction while boiling pasta and cook 1-2 minute less than direction and finish cooking in sauce
– While boiling pasta it should always cook to al dente (slightly under-cooked). It’s a crime if pasta is mushy…lol
– Save some pasta water, which can be used while finishing the pasta in sauce so the pasta doesn’t dry out
– Add pasta to sauce not sauce to pasta
– When you complete cooking pasta in sauce, turn off the heat and then add cheese
– Drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) on the pasta to enhance its flavour
– Don’t break pasta if you are using spaghetti. The longer the paste, the easier to wrap around your fork while eating
– While boiling, do not put a lid on the pasta pot, otherwise the water will boil over
– Never add oil while boiling pasta, otherwise sauce will not stick to it
– Never rinse boiled pasta
Hope you will love these tips and remember to use it when you cook pasta next time. Here is my recipe to prepare Pasta with Exotic Vegetables.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
You can check out other how to tips and tricks.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Have fun trying this trick!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey