Here is another delicious quinoa salad loaded with beans. As you all know Quinoa is very high in protein and fiber. It is called world’s healthiest food or super food. Quinoa is a complete source of protein and also a good source of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free. Quinoa comes in many different colors like white, red, and black. There are slight differences in cooking times and chewiness; white quinoa, which you will most often find in stores, is the mildest and least crunchy, and cooks up the fastest, in 10 to 15 minutes. You can any flavouring you like as quinoa is quite blend on its own.
I try to take salad for lunch at work. Most of the time it will be bean salad so it has protein in it. Sometime I make quinoa salad with double protein from quinoa and beans. I absolutely love this salad. I prepare this on Sunday evening for my weekday lunch. It’s very easy to carry and tastes amazing at room temperature.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 cup uncooked white quinoa
2 cup water
1 cup cooked kidney beans
1 orange or red bell pepper
2-3 stems of garlic (available in Chinese store)
1 tbsp oil for cooking
Salt to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of black pepper
1. Bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cup liquid to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Mine took around 10 minutes so check the quinoa in between. When ready, remove from the heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
2. Cut bell pepper and mushroom in slices. Chop fresh garlic stem.
3. You can either soak dry kidney beans for few hours and then pressure cook or use the canned beans.
4. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil. Add slices of mushroom and chopped fresh garlic stem. When mushrooms are slightly cooked then add pepper. Stir the vegetables, add salt and cook until mushrooms are soft. Turn off the heat. At the end add cooked quinoa, lemon juice, black pepper powder and adjust the salt if needed.
5. Garnish with fresh garlic stem. Quinoa salad loaded with beans is now ready to serve. This salad is very easy to prepare. You will find most of the ingredients in your pantry. It taste the best at room temperature. Fresh garlic adds wonderful flavour to the salad. Beans add texture to this protein rich salad.
I am sure you will love this easy to make and healthy salad.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions regarding this dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey.
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey