Guest post: Jagruti Vyas
This dhokal is eaten during Hindu fasting when there are very few food choices available.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 cup samo Flour
2 tbsp sabudana
1/2 cup yogurt
1 inch ginger grated
1 finely chopped green chili
1 tsp fruit Salt
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Water as required
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Sesame seeds
1 Green Chili chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together samo powder, sabudana, yogurt and water. Mix well and make a smooth batter, it should be of thick consistency, keep aside for 5 to 6 hours
2. Add green chili, ginger and salt. Mix well
3. Heat steamer or pressure cooker with about 1 1/2 inches of water. Bring it to boil
4. Once water comes to boil, add Eno and 1 tbsp of oil to batter and mix well. The batter will foam up
5. Pour batter into greased plates fill only half way up, steam for about 15 minutes or till done.
6. Turn off the heat and remove dhokla plate and let it cool for some time
7. Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add sesame seeds and green chilies stir for minute. Turn off the flame and pour it over the dhokla
8. Cut dhokla into square pieces and garnish with coriander
Enjoy when it is hot.
Hope you enjoy making and eating it.
Your suggestion and comments are welcome.
Thank you for visiting my blog.