This is an easy recipe for Chole/chickpeas curry which can be enjoyed with roti or rice. You can also make Samosa chat with it.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Dry Chickpeas – 1 cup
Onion – 1 Big
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Oil for cooking
salt to taste
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Bay leaves – 2
Chana masala / Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Aamchur powder – 1 tsp
1. Soak dry chickpeas for 4-5 hrs and then pressure cook it with salt and 1 tsp oil. You can add 1 tea bag while you pressure cook chole to get the nice brown colour. You can also use the chickpea can. I usually mash few chickpeas to make thick gravy.
2. Chop the Onion and garlic in a chopper.
3. When onion are lightly brown in around 5-6 minutes, add all remaining spices and tomato puree. Cook for few minutes until oil starts separating from the sauce.
4. Add cooked chickpeas and water to adjust the sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes on a low heat, cover the lid.
5. Serve this spicy chole hot with roti or rice and slice onion soaked with lemon juice on side.
Try this very easy to cook dish and let me know your comments 🙂
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!