I was looking for some ideas to cook something with my 3 year old grandson. You may have seen our last venture of making chocolate covered strawberries. This time I decided to try cake so I bought Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge cake mix. On the box I noticed that I can use it to make cookies too. Checked out few recipes on line and decided to give it a try.
When my grandson came to stay, I told him that we are going to make cookies and he got so excited. When we were making cookies, I divided dough into 11 parts and there was slight leftover dough. He noticed one of the portion was slightly smaller and asked me “nani, can put some more on that one?” I had a smile on my face as I did not think he will notice it 😃😃. While we were making cookies he asked me “nani, can you please pack some for me when I go home?” … I had a good laugh. When my daughter called, she asked him “what did you add to the recipe?” He remembered and told her all the ingredients we used. He surprises me every time 😍😍. My daughter called me after he reached home, he told her that he has surprise for her and gave her cookie to try. He was so excited and told her everything about our fun time cooking 😃. He shared cookies with his little sister. Both my grandkids loved these cookies so much ❤❤
Cookies turned out nice and chewy, they were absolutely delicious. Took me 15 minutes to put together dough and everything, and then baked for 8-10 minutes.
You literally need 4 ingredients to prepare these delicious chocolate chip cookies. I used 1/2 packet of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix (432 g). It made 11 medium size cookies.
Make this a fun date with your kids and grandkids.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
215 g Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix (1/2 pack)
1 egg at room temperature
1/4 cup oil
Semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Mix cake mix with egg and oil. Then add chocolate chips. Of course, you don’t have to put all chocolate chips in cookie dough, you are allowed to munch few 😋
2. Prepare the tray with parchment paper. Divide the dough in 11 equal portion and arrange on tray. Keep space as these cookies with spread while cooking.
3. Bake it at 350F in the middle rack for for 8-10 minutes. You can watch it from the glass window and see it’s cooking well…haha. When you take out the tray from the oven, cookies will feel slightly soft, which is perfectly fine.
4. Let it cool down for few minutes.
5. Enjoy these delicious chewy cookies when it is still warm.
I am sure you are not going to treat store bought cake mix same as before. Fresh cookies are delicious. You can use whole pack or divide it in 2 and make fresh batch anytime. Do try for sure. It’s the easiest recipe.
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions regarding this recipe.
Thank you for visiting my website. Until next time!
You can follow me on social media using any of the link below.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
YouTube Bhavna’s Food Journey