I like to incorporate any leftover vegetable I have in my refrigerator to the dish I make. It always helps me create something unique. This cutlets were the result of the leftover and they were not only beautiful but tasted amazing. Always try to add something different to your regular dish and you will see the difference. I am a risk taker when it comes to food. When I invite guests for dinner, I always cook something new which I have never cooked before. I know it is risky but I am just used to doing this to myself..haha.
Who doesn’t like potato? I think potato is the only vegetable loved by all. These cutlets are not just look beautiful but I have added healthy ingredients like spinach and broccoli. Also cheese in the middle makes it kids friendly as they love cheese in anything and everything. It is also perfect party snacks. These recipe serves 4 people.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
5-6 boiled and mashed potato
1 bunch spinach cleaned, washed and blanched in hot water
1 head broccoli florets blanched in hot water
3-4 green chilies
Small piece of ginger
2 tsp chat masala
Salt to taste
Mozzarella cheese cut in small cubes
Salt to taste
Corn flakes slightly crushed
Oil for cooking
1. Boil potato until it becomes tender from inside. Remove the skin and mash it. Keep it on side.
2. Cook spinach in boiling water for a minute. Remove it from the hot water and immediately soak in cold water to preserve its green colour. Squeeze out water from spinach and add to the blender.
3. Cook broccoli in boiling water for a 2-3 minutes. Remove and add with the spinach in blender.
4. Also add ginger and green chilies to the blender and make coarse paste.
5. Mix spinach broccoli paste in to mashed potato. Add chat masala and salt to this mixture and mix well.6. Make golf ball size balls. Make a well in the middle and add one or 2 cubes of cheese. Cover the cheese cubes and roll it in ball again and then flatten it to make the patties.7. Heat the non stick or cast iron pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and let it heat the oil.
8. Roll the patties in crushed corn flakes, press slightly so corn flakes stick to the patties. Then add 3-4 patties to the hot pan. Do not over crowd the pan. Shallow fry on a medium heat until it’s golden brown on both sides. Add some oil in between if needed.9. Serve these yummy cheesy green cutlet with garlic coriander chutney or coriander basil chutney. It is deep green in colour. Corn flakes adds nice crunch to the cutlet. When you break the cutlet, you will see melted cheese flowing out. It is absolutely delicious!These cutlets can be served as an appetizer during any party. Try cooking these cutlets and change the recipe as per your taste.
Let me know your comments. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!