Guest Post: Varoon Parekh
Panini is prepared using baguette, ciabatta, and michetta bread. You can add any grilled vegetable you like. You can also spread some mustard and ketchup to enhance the flavour.
When I was in university, I always used to look for the food ideas where I can cook something without spending much time and it is healthy and filling. This sandwich is a wholesome meal in itself which is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love cooking it as it is so easy to prepare. Avocado in this sandwich gives a creamy texture and omelette cooked with ginger and garlic enhances the flavour.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1/2 tomato finely chopped
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or grated
Small piece of ginger grated
Small pinch of black pepper powder
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp chili powder
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1 avocado sliced
Slices of mozzarella cheese
Mozzarella cheese slices
1. Cut vegetables as mention in the ingredients.
2. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, add three eggs, tomato, onion, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, black pepper powder, milk, chili powder, salt. Mix everything and whisk the egg mixture to make it frothy.
4. Add 1 tsp oil in hot non stick pan, add egg mixture and cover the lid. Cook on low to medium heat until top part is set then slowly flip the omelette. It will take about 3-4 minutes to cook omelette. When ready fold in half and cut from the middle so there are two omelette pieces to make two panini.
5. Cut ciabatta bread from the middle. You can now spread green chutney or butter on one of the open slice if you wish but I did not add anything. Add half omelette (1 piece), top with mozzarella cheese slice and avocado. Add pinch of salt if you wish. Cover with second slice and grill in hot panini grill until cheese starts to melt.
6. Serve this grilled panini/sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I also served lightly sautéed asparagus on side.
This is my quick and easy Panini sandwich. Hope you enjoyed it 🙂 :).
Please leave me your feedback, I would love to hear from you!!
Thank you for visiting my blog. Have fun cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!