I was planning to make this naan for long time but there was never good time. Today my daughter told me that she is coming for dinner with her husband, I immediate decided to prepare this naan. She came early but my son-in-law was late. She sent him the picture of naan and he came home running…lol. Traditionally naan is made of all-purpose flour or maida but I used whole wheat flour to make it healthier. The naan came out super soft, spongy and moist. Naan are made in tandoor/oven but I made on the stove top/gas. It was a big hit in my family. This recipe serves 4 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
3 cup – wheat flour
2 tbsp – olive oil
1 tsp – active Dry yeast – 1 tsp
1 1/2 cup – milk or water or mix
Pinch of sugar
Garlic thinly sliced
Fresh coriander chopped
1. In a cup take warm milk or water or mix, add pinch of sugar and mix. Add 1 tsp dry yeast, do not stir and keep on side to activate. If yeast does not activate then throw the mixture and restart. Water or milk should be lukewarm not hot otherwise yeast does not activate.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the dough including activated yeast and make soft dough. If you need more water use warm water and make soft dough. Knead the dough for few minutes. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put it in a warm place to rise for 2-3 hours or until dough doubles in size.
3. Divide the dough in 9 portions and let it rest.
4. When ready to make naan, cut garlic in thin slices, chop fresh coriander and take out some kalonji seeds in a plate.
5. Heat a pan. On a flat surface roll dough in oval shape naan. Spread few garlic slices, chopped coriander leaves and kalonji. Roll with rolling-pin so everything is pressed in naan. 4. On hot pan, put naan with topping side down. When you see the bubble forming and slight change of colour on the lower side, flip it. When another side also slightly golden, move pan and roast topping side on direct stove moving constantly otherwise it will burn. When you see some marks on the naan, it is ready. 5. Spread some butter on the top and serve immediately. I serve this garlic naan with paneer lababdar, jeera rice and salad on side.
Try this naan and have fun cooking. I am sure your family will love it :).
Leave me a comment if you have any question or if you tried cooking this naan.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!